http://shoutingloudly.blogspot.com/atom.xml/

Saturday, July 23, 2005

AVOID Verizon Phone/DSL Service

Whatever you do, do NOT order phone service and/or DSL from Verizon--at least not in Philadelphia. Look for another phone company (see below). Verizon is atrocious.

Today, from 8-12, they were supposed to come fix my phone. It's been dead for over 2 weeks. This was the third repair appointment they've scheduled--and for the third straight time, they've no-showed. I wish this were a joke. I've spent 18 hours waiting at home for them and around 5 hours on the phone--burning up cell minutes, of course, because I DON'T HAVE A DIAL TONE AT MY HOUSE. I make $18/hour, so as far as I'm concerned they owe me $90 plus no charges for this month of (non) service.

They're not real good about keeping telephone appointments, either; yesterday, they were supposed to call me between 9 and 11 am. I called at 11:20, the supervisors' line was still busy, and they said a supervisor would definitely call me within the next two hours. I was busy at 1:20, but when I finally called back at about 4:00, I still waited on hold for a half hour before I could finally talk to a supervisor. This company is despicable (though the call center reps are polite), and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it. Here are my options:
Write or call their upper level management

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau

Order service from a different company--Cavtel does Philadelphia DSL and Philadelphia phone service.

Contact the press
This last option is tempting. My officemate's husband is a news producer at a major Philadelphia TV station, and I know at least one reporter at the Philadelphia Inquirer who covers media issues.

The supervisor I spoke with yesterday has already given me 2 months' worth of credit, but at this rate, that will barely cover the time my service has been out. I have no idea how these people expect me to pay them another dollar.

I'm also a Verizon Wireless customer, and I'm already thinking about which cellular provider will get my business when that contract runs out next summer. (I have another motivation on this count: I just learned that VZ wireless busts unions and fires would-be unionizers.) I'm also going to contact my landlord and insist that they begin including information about other telephone companies for their new tenants.

3 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Broadband Guy said...

Wow, I am so glad I found your blog about order verison! I thought order verison wasn't available here until I read AVOID Verizon Phone/DSL Service the whole way through! Thanks again Bill Herman!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Rachel said...


business employment Retail Store - Guide To Starting Your Store in Retail Business.

Do you have insecurity in a 9-to-5 job in today's economy? Are you ready to make your own fortune with retail business? It takes someone with an entrepreneurial spirit.

If you're searching for the freedom to be your own boss. If you're tired of being held in limbo by a fragile economy. If you've always dreamed of owning your own store, where you get to select the merchandise. You can take control and enter the market with your own retail business. Retail Store business employment

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger gregger said...

Unreal, I don't agree :-(.Several good comments, I am tired and need to finish up my article about cellular phone dealers.Thanks for your time,cellular phone dealers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home