http://shoutingloudly.blogspot.com/atom.xml/

Friday, July 15, 2005

F(orget) Verizon--and the Brand X Decision

So I'd really like to write a much longer blog post about the Supreme Court's Brand X decision, but I can't. That's too bad; the decision benefits odious cable monopolies like Comcast in their bid to squeeze out local broadband competition. Even worse, if Brand X gets implemented in the new telecomm bill (which should appear some time late this year or early next), then monopoly utility companies like Verizon will also be able to say, "My lines. Too bad for yoooou, competition!"

Why can't I write a longer blog post, you ask? My Verizon DSL service has been down at my house all week--my voice line for even longer. It must be some regional problem, because wait times with their support line are over 30 minutes.

Ironic, no?

1 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Broadband Guy said...

Wow, I am so glad I found your blog about verizon dsl! I thought verizon dsl wasn't available here until I read F(orget) Verizon--and the Brand X Decision the whole way through! Thanks again Bill Herman!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home